have any of you moms

do any of you moms have really bad panic attacks and your pregnant? did you have you child and you have panic attacks? what do you do for them? when you had your baby did you freak out? tell me your info plz thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had panic attacks through out this pregnacy.

I started the Hypnobabies program to use during labor and the relaxation techiques have been REALLY helpful for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have suffered from Anxiety and Depression for a long time. My whole life probably. It was worse for me when I was pregnant, probably because of all the extra/new hormones. I tried to breathe mostly, which was really REALLY handy during labor. Inhale to the slow, but not sluggish, count of 5 and exhale to the slow count of 5. As you inhale, slightly tense all your muscles, when you exhale slowly relax them all. It's best to do this in a dimly lit room lying down.

I didn't panic when my son was born, but i did during labor a little. The only thing that helped was my husband telling me, "Alice, look at me. Inhale, 1..2..3..4..5...exhale...." that for some reason gave me strength. He was there supporting me, so I didn't need any pain meds and I did it natural on my own. Once my son was born it was like a big relief. All that work finally paid off.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009