How do you feel about using a harness for your toddler as opposed to a stroller?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 11:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow im not even going to say my opinion because of how nasty everyone is being. Thanks for making people uncomfortable to speak up!! It was just a question, be nice everyone!!
    Gmarie1209

Answer by Gmarie1209 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My child is my child and i WILL NEVER USE OR EVER think about using a harness. I walk my dog on a leash not my child. I get very upset when i do someone walking there child on a harness(leash) I see women yakking there child all over the place treating there child like it's a dog. So to sum it up and answer your question I HATE THEM.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• soo what if some one has 4 kids under 4 and running around cause she cant push them all in strollers they should run free? im sorry but the harnesses are meant to save lives and keep them safe . i agree yanking them and doing that is wrong.. but if used correctly and properly they are a life saver for those with multi kids
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was always against harnesses until I had 2 kids under 2. My two year old walks but the 1 year old would rather be in a stroller. I bought a harness ( i have yet to use it) but there have been times that it would be nice. I would NEVER yank him around like a dog but it would be nice to know something is attached to him just in case he decided to dart across the road or run in the mall. It's more of a safety tool than a "leash" if used correctly.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I see someone who has their kid in a "harness" it makes me wonder if their kid's name is Fido. Seriously...I know someone with 4 kids all under 6 and she has no problem using one stroller that holds only the youngest. If you raise the kids to know how to act, you shouldn't need a restraint like that. Yes, even 2 year olds can act right...mine does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i don't like them & have never used one with my dd, and will not use one with my ds... the baby will be in a stroller and my dd can walk, she knows better than to run away from me, she is to hole my hand all of the time & she has never tried to run off
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I Use them on my kids. I agree that Yanking them is not right. But I like having my kids close at hand and knowing where they are at all times. My 3 year old would other wise walk right out into the street or hide in the stores. She refuses to hold my hand or even my pocket. My 5 year old used it till she learned to stay with mom. Take care Leesa
    Leekdyer

Answer by Leekdyer at 12:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use one all the time! It is a lifesaver for both me and my kids! I have 3 kids. My 6 yr old is NT, and so is my 19mo old. But my 4 yr old is disabled. I could not wait for James (19mo) to start walking so I could use one. It beats the hell out of trying to push one stroller and pull the other, or push a stroller and help Robby with his Kidwalk, or letting the 6 yr old push a kid (more dangerous than the 19mo hold unharnessed). If it were not for a harness it would be impossible for me to take all 3 somewhere by myself!!!!! Which is neccessary a lot of the time because I am a SAHM and my husband works constantly!
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 12:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no offense people raise their kids right but any kid can get the spur up the butt to take off for something that excites them.. so stop thinking your a perfect mom
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hey anon 11:59 is another one of them perfect moms.. who knows all and does all right
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009