i think my baby has a plantar wart

i had a plantar wart on my foot and it cleared up about two weeks ago...just now i looked at my 6mth old daughters foot and it looks like she has one...im gonna call her ped today, but has this ever happened to anyones baby and do they get rid of them just like they do ours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Not to my son, but I had one and it had to be burned and cut out at the doctors office because it didn't go away on it's own. Really not sure what they do for such a little baby. Talk to the pediatrician.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If it is a plantar's wart, you can put liquid wart medicine on it, then cover it with a small piece of duct tape at night, then take the duct tape off in the morning. After about two weeks, possibly less, the wart should come out on the duct tape. This is what we did for my son, per the podiatrist, when he was young & had a plantar wart on the bottom of his foot. Although my son was a toddler, not an infant, I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way, but definately check with your baby's pediatrician first.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LMAO, Duct Tape? OMW!. Please don't put duct tape on your baby.
    Anonymous

• The duct tape smothers the wart (not giving it any air to breathe and therefore live). My daughter wasa round 2 when she had one on the top of her toe. I used the liquid stuff and it eventually came off.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yeah i def will NOT use duct tape! but i talked to my aunt thats a nurse at a pedi. office and she said theres nothing really to do besides using the otc stuff and a BANDAID ...thank you tho ladies!
    Anonymous

• Actually, duct tape on a Plantar's Wart is OK. My doctor said this sometimes works because it kills the air to the wart. You can also use the white surgical/first aid tape. I bandaid will do nothing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Duct tape really works...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Actually the duct tape is a know and trusted remedy for warts. Our little guy has one on the ball of his foot. We heard the duct tape could take 6 weeks, it will work with nothing else just keep it on and when you remove it you are supposed to use a emery board to file the wart a bit and replace the duct tape. We could not wait the 6 weeks because our toddler was walking weird so we took him to the dermatologist and they put three different medicines on it that will absorb into the skin and go in and kill the wart. It should be gone in 2 weeks but he may need 2 or three treatements. They do not cut out plantar warts because they are very deep and it hurts the child a lot. Good luck.
    Carly67

Answer by Carly67 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011