I haven't heard a response from a job yet...

so last monday I applied for a job online (they made it clear no phone calls, so the resume and communication at first is all done through email...). I wrote to the ceo on sunday, very professionally, reminding him I sent my resume and I look forward to hearing from him if I seem like a likely candidate for the job. But I still haven't heard from him. he's a busy guy, and before sending my resume, I emailed him questions about the company and he responded right away. Since he hasnt written back about my resume follow-up request, is it possible he just didnt read my email yet, or is this a way of letting me know I didn't get the job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband has applied for a ton of jobs online and has only gotten like one email back and NOT ONE PHONE CALL. It's very frustrating that you can't put an application in person or speak to a human being, they've made it way to easy, all you have to do now a days is sit on your butt in front of your computer.
    in2sims

Answer by in2sims at 6:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• It's too hard to tell at this point. I would just wait it out. Probably a lot of people applied for the job, so his inbox might just be overflowing with emails about it. Usually when a lot of people apply, they'll send out a group letter or email letting them know they didn't get the job. Just wait and see.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hmm ok I guess that makes sense! it's for a work at home job, and he did a lot of advertising for the job opening. I'm just really eager to get "that email" lol
    Anonymous

• You want them to know that you are interest in the postion and have great followup skills, and you don't want to be a pest. I would contact the HR department and ask when they will be scheduling phone screens for the position.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I havent sent multiple emails, just that one to let him know I am serious about getting the job. if he replies he replies, if he doesnt, he doesnt. I dont plan on writing to him anymore, because yes that would definately pester him and I dont want that! He is the ceo afterall and is a busy guy. I was just a little concerned because he responded quickly to my questions before sending my resume, and after sending it I havent heard from him at all. But if many have sent their resumes he is probably taking his time sorting through them among other things. But it has been a little over 1 week which is why I posted this question...I would think he would have responded to me by now if I "got the job"?
    Anonymous