no insurance

ok i have no insurance, and i think i have a urinary tract infection...i had one before when i was pregnant(and when i had insurance) all the symptoms are exactly the same as before plus the added symptom of a dull pain in my lower back. im going to go out and buy cranberry juice and im drinking lots of extra water. but what should i do as far as going to a doctor and buying antibiotics..i cant afford to pay/i live in nyc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• if you're already having pain in your lower back, then you need to go to the Dr now. You could go to the ER since they have to see you by law. Then you can apply for financial assistance through the hospital. I paid for my entire hospital stay with my son that way... well it wasn't the ER, but the hospital approved our financial assistance application. Good luck.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• take cranberry pills instead of the juice since the pills are more concentrated! and yes drink a lot of water. is there a public health center in your area? they dont charge that much and usually have the option to bill you and are fine with "pay what you can when you can". some hospitals also have payment plan options and take a chunk off your bill if you qualify. I had uti symptoms not too long ago, but weird thing is, I took the store bought uti test and they all came back negative. but I continued taking the cranberry pills and all the symptoms went away after about a week. so whatever it was is gone lol. GL and feel better!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Cranberry has natural antibodies in it. Thats why they want you to down it. Alot of water to flush out your system. NO SEX!!!! for a few days after as well. Are there any clinics by you??? You really should get antibotics because it will turn into a full blown kidney infection if you don't get it all out of your system. You can take AZO for the pain. Get the extra strength kind that shit is amazing. I went threw a year long period of getting a uti every month. I know the agony you are in.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Drink a lot of water. Take the cranberry capsules or drink real, unsweetened cranberry juice. Eat lots of blueberries (frozen are fine). Don't drink any caffeine, don't eat any spicy foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009