the freakouts

my son is 15 months old, and i am 9 months pregnant with my second son. this morning i was already running late because i couldnt find owyns shoes and here i am big as a house on my hands and knees trying to find the dang shoes and they are no where! meanwhile, owyn finds his skateboard, which he ABSOLUTELY loves to play with, but now we're already ten minuits late and i still have to get him dressed and to the sitter befor i have to be at work. well he FREAKS out that i have to change him cuz he just wants to play. we're talkin writhing screaming kicking hitting all of that. well i dont have time to let him do his thing like normal and then when he calms down return to the changeing, but pinning him down is just making him even more angry! what do you do when you dont have time to deal with it? im exhausted!!! =)

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 12:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• spank his butt, you shouldn't let him act like that to begin with, no matter if you have "time for it" or not
    Anonymous

• been there, done that. he laughs and then hits back. or hits himself cuz he thinks its a game.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• pull his diaper off and SPANK him, no love taps, get his attention & he won't think it's funny anymore
    Anonymous

• wow, im shocked that someone will actually tell you to beat your kid.! Great parenting advice! Teaching your toddler that hitting is okay, but i bet you expect him NOT to hit in return, right? well, do as supernanny does= timeouts for each year of life.
    Anonymous

• As tired as you may be at night,set his clothes shoes and I diaper on your dresser,and pick out your own clothes as well.I work full time and have a 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old and that saves so much time!!!We all get dressed at the same time in the same room so that theres no running back and forth in between both rooms and laundry room.
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 12:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have to pin my max's arms down with my legs while changing him - no matter if we are running late or not he refuses to let me change him - I ask him to lay down please and he rarely doesn't fight me while changing - I just tell him NO and do it anyway - it has to happen and he has to know he will not win -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• SPANKING IS NOT ABUSE!!!!!!!! That is straight up defiance from your child and if you don't take care of it now, it will get worse. A bare butt spanking might shock him into the realization that he isn't going to win this battle with you. He is too young to understand the point of a timeout or a discussion about his actions.
    Anonymous