I've just realized that I don't carry change anymore. Do you use your credit card for every expense in a given day?

The other day I figure out that I've been paying ALL my purchases with my credit card. Yesterday I use my credit card to buy a bag of M&Ms chocolates for my son. No more change to carry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always have cash! My DH never does. We save major purchases or paying bills online for the debit card. I use cash for smaller purchases. I had a college prof tell me once, that cash will one day be obsolete.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you mean credit/debit card, yes I don't carry cash anymore either. I don't like to anyway. At least then I know if my purse gets stolen my money's covered by my bank. I always check my online banking and make sure I never give my card before pumping gas. If they want it prepaid I will at the pump. I can't remember the last time I worte a check either,lol... I get cash back on my debit card through my bank, it's nice to get a little extra money... Oh and my Hubby say's I dont' carry cash so he will have to pay for all the little stuff when we're out,lol He said that's how I get out of it,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't carry any cash whatsoever anymore.
    I have my debit card and that is all I use.
    I much prefer it that way, personally. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no I use cash most of the time
    lshartnett

Answer by lshartnett at 12:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I rarely have cash on me...partly because I'm broke after bills. lol

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We use the credit card for groceries and gas because we earn double points when we use them in these places. We got out new car seat for the baby, a Wii Fit kit, and some Wii games all basically for free because we use our credit card so much! We pay the whole thing off at the end of the month so we never pay financing charges. It works out really well for us.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• we RARELY ever have cash on us, and most of the change we ever do rack up goes in our sons piggy bank, lol.

we use our debit card for everything =)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I never use cash for anything either...I felt bad the other day because my son wanted an ice cream from the ice cream man and obviously he doesn't take debit cards. It sucked. But neither my husband or I ever have cash on us. It makes me feel safter that way.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use my debit for everything, my credit union has one branch and it s a little inconvenient, so I never bother to go get cash, I hate it when I'm at work and need a pop from the machine. I have been known to borrow kids piggybank change so I have vending machine $.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I make sure I have change on me for emergencies. I don't like putting small amounts on my cards.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009