Would you buy an electric vehicle?

I recently saw the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car". And it got me thinking, how popular would it really be if it had/was mass marketed. I personally would defiantly look in to it, but how about you? Would you have any concerns about it and what would be your biggest incentive for purchasing one?

roxy1stmommy

Asked by roxy1stmommy at 9:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Travel

• Yes I would buy one in hopes there would not be a massive energy blackout. My concern would be how fast it can go, I don't think they have much get up and go.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Here is the link to the documentries website with trailers if you want to check it out. http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com/
    roxy1stmommy

Answer by roxy1stmommy at 9:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have a friend that bought one when they fist went big. She said she loved it last I talked to her. Her only gripe was that when she went to elect. going up hills was a little slow.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Do ANY of you see TV? know what the toyota Prius is? a Mostly electric car! It IS mass marketed as well. I'de trade my suv in a heartbeat if I would NOT take a major loss on it to buy the prius. I know several people who have them and it saves them TONS of money on gas alone. They all love them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, of course we have all seen the Hybrids but they still run on gas, use oil, and have an exhaust. The fully electric has none of that.  The Prius is not mostly electric it's partly electric.
    roxy1stmommy

Answer by roxy1stmommy at 11:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No, I would not want to deal with charging my car, worrying about how long the charge would last, etc. I would prefer a hybrid, or a hydrogen fueled car.
    Ryanswife06

Answer by Ryanswife06 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Absolutely I would look into getting one. The only thing that would stop me probably might be the cost, we can't afford a really expensive car.
    Elizabeth4980

Answer by Elizabeth4980 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• We traded our big SUV Sequoia (14/15 mpg) for the Prius and we love it. It does use fuel too, but it runs on electric a lot as well. We generally get around 42 MPG in ours. So worth it for us. We live in OK and I haven't had any problem getting up to speed at all. I don't know how well it would do in the Mt. though, haven't taken it on any vacations yet.
    my3blessings123

Answer by my3blessings123 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2008