BLACKING OUT???

I know that it is normal to get dizzy while pregnant but is it normal that i easily get out of breath and my head throbs then i cant see anything and i have to sit down immediately in a cool place then as it leaves it leaves a headache! HELP PLEASE I am 18 weeks today!!

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that happened to me around that time too.... just try not to be up as much... just let your doctor know!
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 12:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm 18 weeks today as well and I had that happen yesterday. I checked my BP with a digital BP cuff and it was low. It would only happen when I would sit down and get up all of a sudden. It has to do with your blood circulation to the brain and heart pumping faster for baby than what it normally would pre pregnancy. Drink plenty of fluids and eat small portions throughout the day. I drank a gatorade and the headache was still there but the blackout went away. If it's continous talk to your doctor.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had that problem through my whole last pregnancy and couldn't work (I did standing jobs). I eventually passed out once and hit my head in a grocery line while trying to "tough it out". Just take it easy and DO NOT try not to tough it out. Definitely tell your doctor about it and make sure you drink plenty of fluids along with eating multiple small meals so your blood sugar doesn't drop to rule those as being the cause first.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sounds like migraines. Talk to your doctor, not us!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009