Should I go back to work?!?!?!

My baby is now 5 months old. I was laid off on maternity leave and thought I wouldn't be able to survive the SAHM gig, but I adjusted. My husband's salary combined with unemployment should carry us through til September, possibly even December with the extension. I interviewed at a few places and now there's an offer on the table and have never felt so torn in my life! I know in this economy I should be grateful for the offer and take it, but I'm just really conflicted and having a panic attack! I don't want to leave the baby now, but I know I will have to go back to work eventually - within the next 6 months for sure. I know the decision is ultimately mine but I'd like to hear some thoughts and suggestions from stay-at-home and working-moms. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would stay home as long as possible.

I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Hi,
    I am a single mom and have been torn about going to work and missing my son's life. So I began looking at work at home options. Please read the ebook I am sending before you decide to do anything. Unlike most network marketing companies where you have to have an organization of 1,000-2,000 people to create a $10k/mo income, you only have to have 350 people collectively in your organization to create the same $10k/mo income.

Learn the secrets from an expert with over 26 years in network marketing.

Download this Free Ebook SUCCESS IN 10 STEPS..
    SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK TO RECEIVE YOU FREE EBOOK

http://roberta.mentoringforfree.com/?mad=33538

All you have to do is one easy step… download this great FREE EBOOK. "SUCCESS IN TEN STEPS"

Your friend and mentor for life, Roberta Boteler freementorforlife@gmail.com (308) 882-2173
    rober

Answer by rober at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Phone number typo (308) 882-2174

rober

Answer by rober at 1:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you do decide to go back my advice is start looking at the job market now! I have been trying to get a second job for 6 months and no one is hiring! Don't wait 'til the last minute.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The fact that you will have to be a working moms is not an easy one to swallow. In this economy it is quite hard to find a job unless you have a specific skill or education. Just because you have to work does not mean you love your baby less than a SAHM does. There will always be guilt, you will never get around that. Just make the time you do have quality time. What good is a SAHM to your child if there is no home to stay in?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Honestly, your child will need you at home much more in the pre-teen and early teen years. My advice is to go back full time now, and cut to part time or telecommute in ten years.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009