breast milk????

my daughter is 22 months and i still breastfeed who eles breastfeed thier baby at this age or i'm i the only one????? i feel so wired...breastfeeding her at this age..and is our breast milk still good for them??????

HELP ME!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• From my understanding, breastmilk is always good for them, especially since it changes as they grow to better meet their needs. My daughter is only 2 months old, but I plan to continue breastfeeding until she weans herself; if that's not until she's 2 years old, then I'll still be breastfeeding.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did not BF that long but I know that your breast milk is still good for your LO. As long as she is eating a balanced diet of solid foods also. She probably is only nursing a couple times a day at most at this age and thats fine. I wouldnt worry about it. I hear that babies can self wean up to like 36 months.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I nursed DS until he was 28 mos or so...don't worry about it.
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 1:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You are not wierd, you are doing a great thing for your child!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would have loved to breastfeed that long! I had to wean my son recently (@ 14 months) because I'm pregnant again and had to go on medication. So good for you! And you should know that the WHO recommends that children should be breastfed until they are at least 2 years old.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Actually the WHO recommends breastfeeding for at least 24 months! You are doing a great job. I wish my toddler would breastfeed but he doesn't, he does get pumped milk from me and he loves it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes it is still good for your child! congrats on making it so far mama!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009