Any ideas what to feed a table foods fed (?) baby on a trip? (HELP!)

She's 9 m/o and won't eat purees anymore, so she mostly just eats whatever I'm having. But we're going to a funeral and I'm at the mercy of eating wherever others I'm traveling with want to eat. So probably fast food burgers, pizza, etc.

The hotel we're staying at doesn't have a fridge or microwave so that cuts down on my options a lot.

What are some good table foods that either travel easy (no need for refrigeration or heating) or that I can get at fast food places that would be good to feed her?

Anyone else ever had to deal with this? How did it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could bring uncut fruits (and a small plastic knife to cut them up when needed)...apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, grapes; simple vegetables, like carrots or cucumber, broccoli florets that don't need to be cooked.

Then you could bring all kinds of crackers, non-refrigerated pudding, cereals, toddler granola bars, etc.

Bring simple, individual serving size packages of foods that you can stick in a purse, diaper bag, etc., and do not require any real prep time. Also little Rubbermaid containers with lids are great for serving and storing, and bring LOTS of wet-wipes and bibs!!! ;o)

When we traveled with older infants/toddlers, we had a portable tabletop infant high chair (which could also be attached to a chair) which we could bring with us wherever a high-chair might not be available.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009