get over yourself

ya know i've been reading some questions that people post, and i now realize just how ignorant people are.
someone was putting down folks that get gov. assistance.
there are people out here in the world that do struggle and do need help, and i don't mind one bit having my taxes help them.
if our money wasn't going to that it would go to something stupid, ya know!
and its great to know that if i'm ever in that situation there is options.
why do people get so butt hurt from others getting assistance?

is your life that dull and boring that thats the only thing you can bitch about? there are far worse problems in this country.. get over yourself.
i would do anything in my power to make sure a kid or a family doest go hungry.

Kristina.C

Asked by Kristina.C at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Thank you!
    For a long time I had a big issue with Public Assistance, then one day it came down to either I get it or my son and I starve. It's a pride issue. It's about thinking you're better then that. But the truth is, I've worked since I was 16 and have paid my taxes and if I need help from the state to survive, then i deserve it, just like anyone else. However, it's the people that take advantage of it that give the rest a bad name. And people who just judge for the purpose of judging, look at yourself, would you rather starve or be homeless then ask the state for help? And how would you feel if people judged you for reaching out for help?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• God Bless You, I think pork(banks) cars too, though is too much for the country!
    Anonymous

• I get EBT (foodstamps) and medicaid for my daughter. I am a college student and stay at home mom. My DH is a full time worker and has a second part time job. He is also starting school this fall and I am hoping to join the army then I will be off assistance. I needed to get my associates before joining the army so I can go into officers training and if anyone has a problem with me using assistance will they can come see me in person about that. To really piss some people off we also get more money back at tax time then we pay in because of school tax credits and what not. If you don't qualify for assistance but need it I feel for you but if you don't need it but are mad about people who well you can kiss my buitt!!
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 1:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hmmmm?????
    Anonymous

• your awesome
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 1:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Are you looking for an answer or just stating your views? =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• just talking shit :)
    Kristina.C

Answer by Kristina.C at 2:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• 2:43 - I don't think so. I agree with her that it is the people who take advantage of it that gives everyone (PA and those who use it) a bad name. It is there for a reason and it was meant to be a good thing. As everything, someone always has to abuse it, but that does not mean it's a bad thing or that those on it are bad.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• At least some get help! while other's that need help, don't get shit!
    Anonymous