Flying with a carseat?

I will be taking my DD to visit my parents. She'll be 5 mos. My question is: how do you deal with a carseat and a base? I'll need it when I get to the airport. Do you just bring the carseat/infant carrier on board and check the base? I have one of those Graco systems where the infant carrier goes on top of the stroller. I plan on bringing that up to the gate and then checking the base. Will that work? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When we flew when my son was 4 months we had him in the car seat, the car seat in the stroller (travel system) and then we just stuck the base in the basket underneath the stroller. Then when we boarded the airplane we checked it so it was right there as soon as we got off the plane. You can check the base but if you already have the max. amount of luggage checked they may charge you, plus I didn't want to risk the airlines losing it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was thinking of doing that with the base, too. Good idea! Thanks.
    Anonymous

• We checked in the Stroller and Base at the gate right in front of the airplane and just took the carseat with us. When we landed it was right there when we came of the plane.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 3:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009