Car seat question

We just bought my son a new car seat. Its an Alpha Omega Elite from walmart. My question is should i use my infant seat til the weight limit of 23 lbs or go ahead and switch now. He weighs 20.5 lbs and is almost 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've always read that at 20lbs they can face forward. That's what I did with my first son.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yea...but they have to be a year before then is what I have been told. So I am going to wait til then. This car seat is a 3 in 1 guess from infant seat to a booster when they are older.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter, as long as you keep him rear-facing. The requirements for putting him forward-facing are 20 pounds AND 1 year old, so he still needs to be rear-facing, but it doesn't matter whether it's in an infant seat or a convertible seat.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I just did the same thing! Go ahead and switch him he will be alot more comfortable they have more room!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 1:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can switch if you'd like, it's up to you. But make sure he stays rearfacing until he's a year old. Oh, and just some advice.. AOE=POS.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• as long as you rear face it then go ahead and switch it, he will be more comfy and safer in the seat, jsut make sure you instal it correctly, and that the 25 degree angle is right
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• it all depends on if you like having the carrier car seat. if it a convenience for you or do you hate lugging it around. I switched mine, when my son got way to heavy and it was more of a hassle then anything. its so much easier. I waited till he could sit properly in a shopping cart and high chair. that way i could shop or eat out and wouldnt have to worry about where the baby would go or if i would have to hold him all the time!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have an alfa omega and switced my daughter before she was 20 lbs (although, she was a year and a half at the time). Your son will still be rear facing and will possibly be more comfortable since it has more room. I have the alfa's in both my husbands and my car and love them. I don't know why anyone would say they are a POS. I had an issue with the crotch strap pinching my daughters legs and they sent me a new one at no charge. Works great now.
    Anonymous

• I have the same seat, and it lets you rear face to 35 lbs....I would go with it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009