how do you feel about the attention given to women's breast sizes?

i've always been self-conscious about my little to no boobage. i'd feel worse going into a dressing room with my mom/friends... sometimes i'd get teased and i knew it was just for fun, and i know they didn't mean anything by it.. but it would still hurt on the inside. i used to cry over it in high school.
i definitely loved the boobs i got when i got pregnant, but i knew it wouldn't last... and after i finished breast feeding they definitely were a lot smaller than before.

*sigh* my lifeless boobies. mosquito bites, fish hooked. yea...

part of me grew up and decided that this is really stupid and not a big deal. i shouldn't care what everyone thinks.
but then i feel.. well hell, it's kinda hard to think that way when everyone around you is all nicely developed. all your friends you knew who're younger than you, (and who you hit puberty before) now wears a c-d cup. and you barely fill an A. funny how life works out...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i swear it's... the equivalent to a man having an extremely small penis. only the whole world can see it (or not, ha!).
    since it's situated on our chests.

i'm still determined to not have surgery... i'll see how those pill thingys work out.

-OP
    Anonymous

• I think far too many people are concerned about it. However it does hinder your self esteem, much like a man's penis size.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• let me just say, i'd like to find a woman who has little to no boobs like me, and is proud of it.

sometimes i don't care. but then. sometimes i think, "how can you be proud of nothing.."

damn. i'm so hard on myself..

-OP
    Anonymous

• i agree with you completely, TheDiva320.
    Anonymous

• I think making fun of someone with a smaller chest is only funny for the person who is well endowed. I have large breast and I would never say something about another womans unless they themselves where joking. My SIL used to all the time so I always told her if I could I would split mine with her because mine are very large and it can be kind of embarassing when the sit on the table at a restraunt or people constantly bump in to them trying to walk by because the are just there.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 1:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• lol every single time I see women's commercials for any kind of undie or in shows I scream and swear at the tv BRING ME NAKED MEN WHERE ARE THEY!!!! Enough women, bring on the men!!
    Anonymous

• My son's girlfriend is very very short in height, oh 5 foot if that, and also very very small chested with out a bra. I have no idea where she gets her bras, but this woman puts one on and it pushes her up out and over. With her bras she wears tons of lower cut tops and actually looks very nicely endowed. Maybe see a bra specialist.
    Anonymous

• I'm 28, I didn't have anything til about 16 and even then not much. When I was a teenager it was totally PC for my friends parents (Dads too) to make fun of my breast. Funny because no they could be charged with harassing a child. The worst part is its women who usually insult me. What I've learned ( other than its a good way to sift through stupid people ) though is its far better to have small breast than large ones. My breast fed my DD for a year and they're cancer free, everything else is gravy.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't have very big boobs at all - they seem huge to me right now because I'm pregnant and they're only a B or small C cup - normally they are an A cup.

I've never really minded them being small. I see a big chested woman running or whatever and I usually think to myself - thank goodness I don't have to worry about wearing a huge sports bra to keep my boobs in check.

Sure every now and then I think it would be nice to be bigger, but for the most part, I'm happy with my little boobs.

Probably helps that my husband isn't all into big boobs like maybe some other men are.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had the opposite problem i school one year after I came back from summer vacation I had went from nothing to a full B almost C and I would get made fun of because everyone thought I stuffed my bra so finally I got sick of it and started wearing low cut shirts thinking that would stop it and it didn't so finally a friend of mine went shopping with me and I was trying on a shirt and it was too small and very low and she walked into the dressing room and my boobs were hanging out needless to say the next day everyone stopped making jokes I stuffed my bra. As for you just be happy you don't have to deal with the back aches I would love to have smaller boobs I always heard more then a handful is a waste

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009