Potty Training Tricks?

Ok ladies, I want to know your very best advice on potty training! I know every child is differnt and every situation is differnt but I also know that every mom has found a little trick here or there that worked for them. I want to know your trick. And please be specific and explain why you did wha you did. Thanks ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fruit Loops in the potty.
    My son was MORE then ready to be potty trained, he was just being lazy about it. Which got exhausting. So we played a game, he threw a handful of fruit loops in the potty and he shot them, not only did he start going in the potty all the time, but he learned colors too. A friend gave me that tip. Between that and he went to a birthday party that my parents threw for him and his cousin and I put him in underpants and told him that he was going to be 4 and no more diapers or pull ups. Then I told him that I won't bring extra, so if he has an accident, then he'll be wet til we go home. He hasn't had an accident or anything since. After that we went to the store and he wanted a water gun, so I told him he would either get the water gun or pull ups. (Because he was whining about pull ups), he chose the water gun. Potty problem fixed!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When my 8 year old son was 2 I just put him on the pot like every half and hour that worked real well for me and I used underwear. Now I will be potty trainning again because I have a 19 month old little boy good luck
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009