Certified Mail

What happens if you have a receipt in your mail box to go pick up a certified letter from the post office and you never do? I work and Im not back into town till after the post office closes and I think they are closed on Saterdays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• The US Post Office is supposed to make three attemps to deliver including the first notice left. Since you have a notice, sign it and tape it to your door. The postman will leave that piece of mail for you.
    Anonymous

• I think all post offices are open on Saturday, but if you don't get it, it will eventually be returned to the sender.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you don't pick it up, they send it back to the sender after a couple days.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well what happens if it gets sent back to sender? Is this a bill collector of some sort more then likely? If so why dont they just contact me by normal mail first?
    Anonymous

• If its a bill collector of some sort they would want proof that you got the mail. SO cannot say oh I didn't get any notification.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 2:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Because they want to make sure they have proof they have contacted you about the matter. If it is a court document then you had better find a way to get it. Most Post Offices are open on Saturday's until noon.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009