• In the Spotlight:

Do you beleive you husband or SO will never cheat? Why??

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 1:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Absolutely not. He's been married twice before and both his ex's cheated on him. He knows the pain it causes, so I know he would NEVER do it to me.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No I don't and here's why: 1) He's not the type. (2) we have a very good open relationship and he knows he can talk to me about ANYTHING (3) He would never have time! lol
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My DH would never cheat on me because he loves his kids too much. We talk about how hurtful that would be to our boys if either of us ever cheated. I come from divorced abusive parents. He comes from a very loving family where his parents have been married for 50 years. We understand the difference in the upbringing of our childhood and how it has affected me.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• 1 - He dosent have time. His job doesn't allow him the time to be alone to do anything, 2- when he's not at work he's with me.
    I would love to have some time alone while he's off (He's off most of the month) but it doesn't happen.
    Anonymous

• I do not believe he would his ex-wife did that to him and it hurt him very deeply. Since I believe this I don't worry about it and I also told him if he ever felt this was something he was tempted to do we needed to talk usually if you face the situation before it is out of control it can be handled without everyone being hurt and destroying the relationship I think to many women get upset and hurt if their husbands are not be satisfied in the relationship be for whatever reason and to many men feel that they cannot talk to their wives about these sort of things.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 1:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I believe in my heart and soul that he would never cheat on me, our love and friendship is so deep and strong. We never believed in sole mates but when we meant and got to know one another we knew we were sole mates.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Cheating spouse statistics confirm that 50 and 70 percent of married men (between 38 and 53 million men) have cheated or will cheat on their wives. One study found that 2/3 of the wives (26 to 36 million women) whose husbands were cheating had no idea their husbands were having an affair - largely because they failed to recognize the telltale signs.
    According to Annette Lawson, author of Adultery, published in 1989 by Basic Books. "The various researchers arrive at a general consensus…suggesting that above one-quarter to about one-half of married women have at least one lover after they are married in any given marriage. Married men probably still stray more often than married women—perhaps from 50 percent to 65 percent by the age of forty." According to Maggie Scarf, author of Intimate Partners, first published in 1987 by Random House, re-issued in 1996 by Ballentine.
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 1:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I will NEVER say never, lol, but no I don't think he will. Even when our marriage was really in trouble (just a couple years after we got married) he suggested counseling instead of just going somewhere else. He's always very open and honest with me, telling me everything that goes on when he goes out with the guys, and with his job I have to trust him. He's military and he goes on tdy's and deployments. well more tdy's than anything, and he just spent 2 weeks in vegas with 13 other guys lol. Of course I have to trust. The night they went to the strip club he called me and told me they were going and asked if it ws ok. Of course I said yes lol, can't expect him to sit in the room while his troops all go. He was designated driver since he was in charge of the younger guys anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would say he won't cheat because we have the rule that if your starting to not be happy in the relationship you speak up to your spouse, but you don't treat. We both have mutual respect for one another to be communticative with eachother.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't use the words "never", but I would have a hard time believing he would cheat. All day while he works he's on messenger and chats with me periodically, talks through his lunch, calls before he leaves to go home and even calls on/off while commuting. He's not one to go out w/o me so comes home and we spend time together and I don't go places w/o him when he's not working. I wouldn't know how he'd pull off cheating on me when I either talk to him or am with him all the time.

We've talked and have agreed if one of us is unhappy then we'll tell the other and get a divorce but we won't roam to another person for comfort. We have an extremely close relationship; we play games, talk and are closer than just married we are best friends. I can trust him as he can me.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009