Hi I'm 5 months pregnant and curious about my weight gain so far?

I was 113 to begin with and now I'm at 120. I feel like I am getting so big and that that is alot of weight so far. I'm really picky about my weight and its making me so unhappy. I want the baby to be healthy but my dr. said his wife only gained 15 pounds with all three of their kids and they were all healthy. I'm not eating anything I didn't before or more then I did before, I'm wondering if there is any safe way to slow it down a little...any advice?

kfernandes

Asked by kfernandes at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats only 7lbs and your more than halfway through! I honestly don't remeber how much I had gained at 5 months, I know I gained 19lbs total though. I also lost weight the last month of my pregnancy. You are actually supposed to gain between 20-30lbs. Dont worry so much about the numbers on the scale. Just eat right, dont use pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for two" or have icecream 6 times a day and you'll be fine. It'll come off when the baby is born.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• This is the one time you should not be picky about your weight. Most doctors will tell you it is healthy to gain at least 25 to 30 pounds. I gained about 20 with all 3 of mine, and by the end of the pregnancy, I was in having ultrasounds every week because I was not measuring what I should. It caused a lot of concern as far as is there enough amniotic fluid, is the baby not developing fast enough. You can save yourself a lot of heartache by not "slowing it down". Gain the weight naturally. Pregnancy is a beautiful time, enjoy it!
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was so sick in the beginning of my pregnancies that I was never able to gain back all the weight I lost at the beginning with my kids and I was under my pre-pregnancy weight when they were born and they were perfectly healthy! As long as you are taking your pre-natals, you should be fine
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well for me im going eat a healthy food lots of veg,fruits its good to baby and dnt forget to drink prenatal vit,,,i guess it ok that u gain that i gain about 168pounds,,,dnt get negative think positive,,,,gudluck
    beth962

Answer by beth962 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You've got some serious issues about your weight.I was 118 when I was pregnant with my daughter 2 years ago.Lost 12lbs in the beginning and wound up only gaining 14 the whole pregnancy.I was in the army though so I was working out in the beginning.I went to 134lbs with her.Now in my second pregnancy at 25 weeks I have gained 21lbs and its a boy.I was 105lbs in the beginning of this one and am now up to 121lbs.You've got some serious freakin issues about gaining weight.You're supposed to gain weight when you're preggo.If you wanna gain it moderately eat your fruits and your veggies and everything else.But seriously you've got issues about it.Why are you even having a kid if you're worried about the weight gain?.
    weluvrsoldier

Answer by weluvrsoldier at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009