What can i expect from my first prenatal appointment? We are nervous and excited!!

I am only about 8 weeks pregmant we think:) and its our first baby!!

stylinmama

Asked by stylinmama at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The first one for me was kind of a letdown bc I was very excited and all she did was really push on my stomach and ask me about my last period lol. Then they drew blood and asked me to pee in a cup and that was it! The first ultrasound though is amazing :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think they get you in at about 12 weeks along... I don't really remember...
    Anonymous

• Mine had me pee in a cup, confirmed the pregnancy, then did a full gynecological exam and started me on prenatal vitamins. The real excitement comes when you hear the heartbeat and see the Ultrasound.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My first doctors appt's have been with three different practices due to changes in my insurance and they all went the same way... They check your urine for protein & glucose, verify your pregnancy by a pee test, check your weight & BP, discuss you and your SO's medical history, get a PAP(regardless of when your last one was) and discuss your prenatal care for your pregnancy. And I also had u/s at all of those appointments to verify my dates matched the size of the baby. By 8 weeks you should be able to see the heartbeat on the monitor;) Then they sent me for blood work
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My first vist which wasn't long ago was the same as the others, they drew blood and gave me an exam, they told me depending on my HGC levels I could have an ultra sound, the next day the blood results came back and they were high enough so I requested an ultra sound to confirm the baby was okay and to see how far along I was! The following week I got to see my peanut and it put my mind at ease instead of waiting for 12 weeks!
    mommyetter09

Answer by mommyetter09 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well, i'm 17 and never had a pap before so they did that. also made me pee in a cup and asked tons of questions [how ur past health has been, family's health, etc]
    very uneventful. the next one after that they just drew blood. my three months i heard the heartbeat and i don't get an ultrasound until the 5th month=[ it's very anticipating.
    ashleyanderic

Answer by ashleyanderic at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009