How Do I Respond To???? Build-a-Bearville?

Ok, I know I am old, but that does not stop me from loving my build a bears. :o) I recently logged on line to their virtual play site. I did not realize that other people could interact with whoever is on there. I have had people (I assume children) ask if I want to be friends (all through the animated characters, not 'personal' contact) I have not responded, but I also feel I am being very rude. I am only on there to play with my bear (yes, I know I really should grow up) I have 3 children of my own, and I am not sure how I would feel if I found out someone they talked to was an adult. I don't want people to think I am creepy. Any suggestions on what to say when I am asked questions?

ProudMommaJen

Asked by ProudMommaJen at 1:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• yikes.. i had a completely different train of thought for a moment. i thought you were gonna say an adult tried to prey on you thinking you were a child. anyway, i think you're doing the right thing avoiding conversations with children. all you need to do is say you're an adult before a parent finds out and screams bloody murder! even worse would be if you pretended to be a child. you might seem rude to the children, but you already know its in the best interests for you both if you didnt reply.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well, if you're only there to play with your bears anyways, then just simply decline the invites.

I've never been on the site, but I'm assuming when you get a "friend request" there's just a clickable accept/decline option?

Just do that.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009