Wanna lose weight?

I am sooo sick of being FAT!!!!! I gotta do something! How many of you are dieting? Had any success? If you have already lost a ton how? how much? also I just started a group that will be a SERIOUS weight loss group http://www.cafemom.com/group/104989/ I want tips and motivation.......what helps with diet and excersize? uhg

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 1:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• my motivation was after my first son I stood in the mirror naked looked at my self and cried my eyes out, I got a memebership at the gym and cut out sodas and sweets for a month and just worked out, what else helps is jump roping for 20 minutes a day.
    I had my second son 7 months ago and I'm trying to get motivated but I'm not as big as I was last time so it's harder for me this time around
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My hubby and I are doing it together, so we eat healthy food together. My motivation is that my 9 month old will be eating table food with us soon, and I want her to have healthy eating habits and not struggle with weight issues the way I have.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well i gave up on diets. I had life changes that have contributed to my weight loss. You can also check out my group: accountability and support for weight loss. There might be things in there that will help you. Good luck.
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 9:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Diets don't work. Healthy lifestyles do.

Eat less, move more.

I dropped pounds by:
    -exercising (running) five times per week. I started running 2 miles, which was hell at first, but after a few weeks I could run 2.5, and then 3. I now comfortably run 8.
    -eating right. I cut processed foods, which basically left me with fruits, veggies, rice, lean meats, nuts, yogurt, etc. Don't buy anything precooked/frozen, or any "meal in a box".
    -drinking 2 litres of water per day, and cutting all caloric beverages.
    -Not eating between meals, not eating at night.

It's really not all that hard.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2009