Has anyone used primrose oil and if so for how long

i talked to my mw and she told me about it and what it does and im trying to figure out how much to use and how long it would take to softin my cervix i just want to make sure everything is set and i can have an idea of whats to come.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It didnt really work for me but I instructed my friend on how to do it and it appeared to work for her... she was 1cm and 30% effaced on a Monday and that evening I told her to put one gel tab in her who-ha as far up as she could. The next morning I told her to put 1 more in and then start 2 tabs every 12 hours that evening (Tues) She woke up Wed morning in labor! Might have been a coincidence but I dont think so. She was 75% effaced at about 10a on Wed... about 36 hours after her first tab was inserted
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Never worked for me.
    Anonymous

• I started it last night. I started with 1 capsule place next to the cervix after we had intercourse. I figured since both have proglandins (sp) that ripen the cervix it wouldn't hurt to combine the effect of EPO. I left it in all night and it disolved.

I'm thinking it's starting to work because I've lost a TON TON TON of mucus plug today. I also started havig contractions about 30 minutes or so ago so we'll see what happens. My doctor said often ripening the cervix is enough to put a women in labor.

I was told I could use up to 5 capsules a day. Some people break the capsule open and then rub it on the cervix but I was told that placing the capsules in just as effective and less messy.

It can take SEVERAL weeks to work for some women. That's where a lot of people get confused. they think if they try it once & it doesn't throw them into labor it doesn't work but that's not really true.

Everyone reacts different!
    Anonymous

• is this the same as castor oil because i was already 75% effaced and 2 1/2 dilated and alot of people said use that .. if not which works better?
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 2:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Castor oil and EPO are NOT NOT NOT the same.

I saw a post in here lats night where one women was SERIOUSLY misinformed and jumped a ladies case about using EPO.

Castor oil is NOT safe. EPO is!

Castor oil basically causes you to have diareah and dehydrates you to cause your uterus to contract like the bowls are. It can also cause your baby to release meconium.

EPO simply helps to ripen (soften) the cervix so that it can begin to dilate and efface. The stuff in EPO is the same as the hormone is seamen but it can be used more often than most women want to have sex, is more effective for many women and more convienant than hoping int he sac 5 times a day! LOL

It's completely safe and doesn't cause bowl problems.
    Anonymous

• and where exactly could i get that at? i tried the sex thing but i still have no baby and im 75% effaced and 2 1/2 centimeters dilated i even walk 3 miles a day running alittle but nothing. sorry thats what i had read about castor oil but i wasnt to sure neither was my boyfriend were just wanting to try safe things because im so close.

what exactly do you do with EPO?
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 2:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009