Which is more important to you?

All money woes aside. Which is more important to you, staying home and watching your children grow up, being there for their problems, and for their activities and making your family a priority? Or going to work, working 40+ hours a week, missing your son or daughters' first step, smile, first t-ball game etc?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• staying home, that's why i do
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• uh oh! watch the fur fly!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Being home without a doubt.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would stay home any day of the week. (Which I do now) I hated working because I had to deal with 15 - 3 year olds by myself, and come home to clean, cook, and take care of baby. DH only did the laundry to help (which I had to fold and put away) and he got off 2 and 1/2 hours before me!! I would love for both of my kids to go to daycare program (with a daily learning plan that was being followed) part time. I wouldn't want them there all day every day, but it would give me a little break to really clean the house and relax a little by myself, but all in all I love being at home and watching my kids grow up!
    Anonymous

• my kids
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm a stay at homer with three kids oldest midtwenties and two younger one still in public school. I've done babysitting and I told each parent every single day their kids accomplishments down to a new sound a child made to first potty poop. Every thing good and bad and incredibly funny and naughty was always told to the parents the very day it happened. Some times at the end of the day I'd call the parents giving them a hint to ask child a specific question that allowed the child to give the great news or naughty bad news which ever the case.

I'm very lucky that we can afford for me to stay home. For those moms who are better moms out side the home working and those who want to be home but have to bring in better money than babysitting, I never never put them down. Why can't we just accept motherhood. Period. What ever we do have to do to mother?
    Anonymous

• I am a better parent when I work. Period. Why is it that it's all or nothing. I have seen all my kids first steps, heard their first words, I go to soccer and football games, school concerts, I deal with their problems, plan their birthday parties, know their likes and dislikes. All that and I work 5 days a week. It is possible to be a good parent and work, to experience your children's lives and work, to raise your kids and work. I don't think I'm any better than any other working mom, or any better than any sahm, but I'm no worse either, and they are no better than me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Working. I don't miss as much as you seem to think.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm not saying you would absolutely miss the firsts or things like that. However, for those of you that work outside of the home, is your job flexible that if you child has a baseball game or something you would be able to leave work to see it?

The question is because it seems that these days parents are forced to choose between working and staying home to raise their children. And far less jobs are flexible to allow both.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Being home. If I were a single mom having to work outside the home, it would probably be spending time with my kids every minute I could.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009