What do u think about the group MADD?

They r againt drunk drivers or anyone using an illegal substance while driving- the reason I ask is some people on here want to legalize pot. What If your high and driving and kill a child? That is why I dont want pot legal and because my uncle tried to rape me when i was a kid- 13 while he was high on pot. I got away but I'm scarred about other people that can not control their habit and would get more of it if it where legal. ( Please no nasty comments.) The goverment could never regulate it safetly enough. I think it would be easier for kids to get it from their relatives- which is not good. My doctor told me it can cause fertility problems. My neighbor was high and killed a pregnant woman with his car.Please let me know in a nice way how you feel . I just worry about legalizing this stuff? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think MADD is a wonderful organization.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Very worthwhile and important organization, for those who can see past the end of their nose.

For those who can't live unless chemically fortified, not so much.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If pot is legalized and regulated as alcohol is, it would make it against the law to drive while high just like alcohol is.

I think MADD is a good organization.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• They are a great organization.. However, im FOR the legalization of pot. I would still want restrictions put on marijuana just as there is alcohol, such as an age limit, no driving while impaired, etc.. People are going to smoke/drink whether it is legal or not. Making marijuana legal isnt going to make more people smoke and drive anymore than they already do.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Your uncle trying to rape you while high on pot did not have anything to do with the pot. He obviously is a sick individual. As for driving while high, its pretty hard to have an accident at 5 mph.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• aside from that it is a good org outside of the founder getting a dui a few yrs ago.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think it is sad we live in a society that is so enslaved to chemicals. They have to have caffine to wake up and sleeping pills at night to sleep. Some have to smoke weed, do other drugs, smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol to mearly exist. What kind of life is that?

We are pretty much chemical free and our lives are rich and meaningful. We don't live for our next fix. I feel sorry for those who feel they cannot get through their day without needing chemicals. So sad. I love MADD. My sister was in a car accident the driver was smoking pot and crashed the car into a ravine. They were not going fast but the fact they dropped nearly 80 feet killed my sister and everyone else in the car. It was really sad. Pot like any other mind altering substance is for the weak and dependent.
    Anonymous

• Bill Gates smokes pot. Im sure his IQ is 4 times higher than yours.
    Anonymous

• Whether pot is legal or not, it is still illegal to drive under the influence, regardless of the drug.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't particularly care for them, I think their intentions are very very well placed, but they tend to be blinded by those intentions.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009