ugly babies...I feel just awful saying this...

ok...so I always thought that people who have ugly babies must not know, right? I mean a mother should always think her baby is beautiful. But I've come to the horrible realization that I have an ugly baby and I KNOW it. I love her and I want to think she's beautiful but she's just not. Her father and I are both attractive people so I just don't know how it happened. She doesn't have the right proportions of her face to be attractive. I'm really worried about how life will be for her down the road if something isn't done.
I was doing some research and apparently there are some doctors who will do cosmetic surgery at a young age and I'm really considering it. I have always dreamed of having a baby pretty enough to out into beauty contests and such. this would allow me that opportunity AND give her a better life too.
What are your opinions on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• First of all, i am offended. Sorry, I am. But anyway, your daughter is small and an infant, and will get much cuter (6 months is so adorable).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hilarious. troll!!
    Anonymous

• Someone needs to call CPS on you fast! WHat in the hell do you think you are doing, you're going to scar your poor child for life!
    Anonymous

• wow.........that is all I can say........wow!
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 2:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would not do anything too drastic until she is in her late teens at least!! My sister was an admittedly "ugly baby" and now she works doing modeling while going to college. Some babies will grow into their looks over time, and if you mess with it too early then you may be depriving her of beautiful features later on! As far as baby beauty pageants.. I personally do not agree with them, but I think if you want the experience you should go ahead and enter her anyways, you never know what other people will find beautiful!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Wow. Are you serious?! There is NO WAY to know how attractive your child will be early in life. Their entire body is growing and changing contastly. What makes you think that your child will have a better life just becuase you think she is pretty enough for a pagent? And what if you make the changes only to find out *you were wrong* and now your baby is ugly?!

I just don't understand some people.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should wait and see how she develops later on in life.. maybe she wont be unattractive. Maybe she will. Its an awful thing to make a child have cosmetic surgery unwarranted. It will eventually be her decision- why take that away from her and possibly scar her more knowing her parents made her have surgery to make her more attractive? What kind of shallow message will that send?
    frizzed

Answer by frizzed at 2:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Please tell me this is a joke??? You can't be serious! I think their can be ugly babies but there is always something about them that makes them cute esp to a Mother. And to think that because she's not as pretty as you thought she would be is so SAD and for you to suggest cosmetic surgery. You can be beautiful on the outside and be ugly on the inside. It's people like you that make this world so sad.
    Anonymous

• Put a paper bag over her head.
    Anonymous

• I know this isn't a serious question, so I'm not even going to address it.
    I just wanted to say, if you think your baby is that ugly then maybe you and your husband aren't as good-looking as you think...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Anonymous