How do I get my hubby to update his wardrobe & throw out all his ratty old tshirts?

Asked by momma_of_kyky at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• get them all out, on the bed, and put the cool ones he forgot about (because they were on the bottom of the drawer) out so he can wear them.

if a shirt is really bad (stained) cut it into rags for him unless it is a sentimental shirt like a concert shirt or something.

when he comes in, just go through them, "do you want this?" "how about this one?"

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Lol! I hope you get an answer to this because I'm wondering the same thing!

Answer by MeVinceandBaby at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Good question! I try to help Chris update his clothes every once and a while, but it's hard. Guys just don't have the desire to get new clothes like we do, lol! Usually I just try and go shopping with Chris and point out some clothes that I like. He does always ask for my opinion, but there are some things that he won't bend on. I hope that helps. I guess our guys could have the opposite problem and be obsessed with clothes like my brothers, lmao!

Answer by Michellesmom06 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You start buying him updated clothes or start pointing out things in the stores that you think would look "sexy" on him or "classy". And when he does wear something new absolutely fawn over him. Most men are big babies and feel so insecure about looking different. Make a big deal of new clothes and by all means THROW AWAY his old ones...little by little S-L-O-W-L-Y!
    Good Luck!

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Take him shoping!!!

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You'll probably have to go out and buy him new t-shirts (using his charge card, of course, lol, since, more and likely, he won't go shopping himself. Then put them in his dresser drawer and remove the old ones. You might want to keep a sentimental shirt in the drawer. :) Stash the old ones in your rag drawer or wherever you keep rags and old cloths. Cut all but one up for rags. Wait a few days and if he puts up too much of a fuss about 'his old , comfortable t-shirts', pull the one out and give it to him so he can have his 'safety blanket'. lol But, all in all, I'm sure he will enjoy the new shirts. ;)

Answer by mybritt at 10:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Tell him you're going to go through some old clothes, yours and HIS. Start a bag of clothes that you can give to goodwill & do your clothes first. Then go through his stuff while he watches you... and say "how about this one" and "how about this one"... eventually my DH was like "Just leave me like 10 shirts & get rid of the rest" b/c he was sick of me asking him about it.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• This is for me: I go through entire wardrobe and sort and get rid of anything torn, stained, outgrown,lol, I leave anything that I know he really likes, like the jeans he loves, or his sweats, then I just buy for him like my kids. He gladly gives me this chore. This is what works for us.

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You could have an "accidental" paint spill over a pile of his laundry....

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Throw them out as they come through the laundry...make sure to gradually do this and REPLACE the old shirts with new ones so he doesn't notice the his wardrobe getting skimpy...I did it...worked like a charm too :)

Answer by missmarykay at 10:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008