What will it be like emotionally having my first child?

Im 15 and pregnant with my first child. I am very scared somthing is going 2 happen or go wrong and just need a little bit emotional support. I dont want anything 2 go wrong because of somthing i might have done wrong.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Feel free to PM me any time. Cafe is a great resource and I commend you for getting out there and finding it. Plenty of people will give you advice. Some will give you horror stories :) The truth is, no one can tell you how it will be. Motherhood is something you can't even fathom until happens to you. Being pregnant is really hard for some women. But when that baby is in your arms- wow. The whole world changes... and for most of us it is in a very good way. You are young... do you have support? What are your plans to provide for the child long term? These aren't silly questions to ask even if you are young! You can make plans and start working towards goals even now. I would suggest seeking counseling but you will have to be very wise with it. Many people have agendas of their own when offering "help"-  Just know that you aren't alone and billions of women have done this before you!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• read the book of Proverbs! God Bless You!
    take prenatal vitamins and eat enough fats and proteins and blueberries lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I suggest you read What to Expect During Pregnancy. She also has What to Expect During the first year and both are great!!! Also you can contact a local Christian pregnancy center who will help you by giving classes while you earn things (blankets, car seats).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• folate is in OJ very important to drink and get wic now!
    Anonymous

• yes you are a mom right now this is a real baby always put your baby first and attend a Southern Baptist church to grow spiritually as well for your baby!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• eat blueberries?
    Anonymous

• well im first mom also,first im so scared that maybe i cannot make it but ofcouse i pray always at night and say help me god,,,,,,but u be ok if u gonna think that i'lbe strong for my baby....just dnt scared just always pray.....gudluck
    beth962

Answer by beth962 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Will you have any parental help? Having a baby is very difficult. Be ready to stay up all hours of the night and get NO sleep. ( No kidding ) My LO ate every 2 hrs and was colicky. It was so rough. But don't be afraid to ask for help from churches. They ALWAYS want to help where they can. God Bless you!
    Anonymous

• take it day by day and just relax. remember babies don't go by a book, and that everyone is different.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No one can magically tell you how your labor will be, how you will feel after the delivery or what you will be going through once they hand you your baby. All we do as moms is share our stories so if you go through something similar you will realize you aren't alone and someone did the same thing before you.

Will you likely feel overwhelmed and consumed once you and the baby are home? Umm, yes. I don't know a mom who would say that late night rocking of crying colicky babies doesn't make the walls close in on them sometime. Will you wonder how you will make it from day to day? Yes, we have all felt that way. I was a newly divorced mom with a very sick newborn at 24, I am now 33. I was scared to death and my son was born dying. It's a hard road to walk by yourself but truly it will make you stronger.

Is there a silver lining and life gets better after delivery? Yes. It's up to you after they cut the cord. Good luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009