Sims 3

Does anyone have the new Sims 3? Is it worth all the hype, and money? What are the differences from Sims 2?

LilyandEmmasMom

Asked by LilyandEmmasMom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• I have it and enjoy it more then sims 2 but it's a lot different. There are some issues with how the story progression works. You can control lots of families in one town but only one at a time and while you are controlling that one family all the others age and get jobs, have kids, etc, whether you want them to or not. Turning it off doesn't work (they are trying to fix it). But I play that way anyway...one house through many generations and I don't care what the other people in the town do.
    You can have as many towns as you want but there are only 2 layouts (1 comes with the game the other is free to DL). There is limited hair and clothing styles (about half as many as sims 2 had) but they are customizable. If you want more you have to buy them individually for like $.75-$1 each. It's stupid. There's even less furniture styles.
    But otherwise the game play is fun and the sims do the funniest things now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My big problem I am having with TS3 is there seems to be a glitch where you cannot move the time fast like you did in previous games. I did the spec check and it said my computer and my husband's laptop exceeded the specs. So now I have to sit and wait for them to go through their workdays and sleeptimes. It annoys me, but now I will read a book or something while I wait for that. This is happening to a a lot of people so I think there will be a patch.

Having bitched about all that, I LOVE the game. I was addicted to TS2 and had played with the same family since 2004 so there were many generations. I love the graphics and the newer interactions. I cannot wait to see where this game and the EPs go.

I don't like the whole buying things either. The game I bought came with a $10 giftcard for stuff but I have not used it yet.

But yes, if you are an avid player, you will like this game.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009