Has anyone else ever been treated poorly by doctors for having insurance through the state?

The doctors at my OBGYN were so nice when they talked to me on the phone, the second they heard i had mass health that all changed. They all of a sudden were talking down to me, and just being rude. I feel like im gunna get lesser care then the people that have "better insurace" and i haven't even been to my first appointment yet, When they talk to me they just make me feel like dirt. Im actually afraid that instead of taking care of me, they might do something to hurt the baby. I shouldnt have to feel like that, no one should. I have a feeling im not the only one who has this problem. They're suppose to be "Professonals" I dont see how treating someone poorly based on their income is professional, but whatever. Thats just the way it is i guess.

holly082290

Asked by holly082290 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is ridiculous but its true! Doctor's are that way but not all doctors. If you feel that way than get a different doctor.

Anonymous

• I felt like the medical assistants that take your vitals and check you in when you get there treated me kinda bad.. always had an attitude but my doctor was GREAT and never talked down to me. He was real great. And when I get pregnant again, and now that i have my own insurance and can go anywhere, I will go back to him. He was wonderful. Give your doctor a try. I don't think the doctors really care as long as your a respectable person they'll give you respect.
    Anonymous

• check out the doctor first if you dont like him/her then look thru other ones im going to a ob that treats me like poop but you dont have to take that from them if you dont feel comfterable just call around
    cheny

Answer by cheny at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Aww poor you. I had that problem at the ER. I had symptoms of a stroke and they were all concerned and ordered all kinds of tests until they checked my insurance card. The ER doc actually told me that he wanted to lower health care costs and refused to do any tests to confirm that I had a stroke. Told me to come back in two days if I didn't feel better.
    I went to acute care in a different town and filed a complaint against that hospital, I DID have a stroke.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You shouldnt have to feel that way, if you go to the first appt and you like the dr. then say something about how you were treated. I was talking to my dr. when I was pregnant with my first about finding a ped. for my baby and one of the things he said is that if the office staff is rude then dont bother with that dr., he believes that the office staff is a reflection of the dr., I can see that because my dr. adn the office staff are great. So if your dr. is worth anything he will say something to the office staff and if not then go somewhere else.
    Anonymous

• I got a new doctor. I have the state insurance and my OBGYN was a bitch. So I told her off and switched doctors. I love my new doctor!
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 6:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009