why is my preschooler digging in her bottom?

every morning for the past week my 3 yr old daughter has woken up with poop all over her fingers , diaper , and bedding. she gose potty every day so she is not stopped up please tell me if this is nomal and how to make her stop help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL my daughter used to do this when she was younger, it is just curiousity you may want to teach her to go poop before bed. My daughter only pees at night and if I find she has pooed I change her real quick I always tell her if she poo poos at night to come down and let me know so she doesn't have to sleep in it this seems to work well.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 2:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• have you checked for pinworms? you check for them at night that's when they come out ... just a suggestion.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My fisrt thought was pinworm too. Parenting magazine had an article in this months issue about it. I would talk to the doc. It is an easy test and easy antibiotic treatment.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My first though was pin worms to! There are a couple of ways to check. One is to get a flashlight and check at night. The other is to put a piece of scotch tape over the area and check it in the morning (I don't think that would really work with a 3 year old) or just check with the doctor. either way they will need to see her to prescribe anything.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I say pinworms have her checked asap
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My first thought was pinworms also......
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree with the pinworms... I would also check to make sure she is wiping well enough. Some kids who are still learning can't get it all ya know? And after it dries a little it will give them an itchy behind.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• update thanks for the answers but she dosen't have worms
    Anonymous