So while pregnant are baths really out of the question? Or is that a muth?

stylinmama

Asked by stylinmama at 2:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can take a bath but make sure it's not to hot
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can't take a hot bath.. you can take a WARM bath. If its hot it can elevate the babies temperature way too much since babies can't maintain their own temperature. And as long as your water hasn't broke! :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I've seen this question a lot on here && I've never even heard the myth. Why would it be harmful to take a bath while pregnant?? Your cervix is completely closed.

I took many baths while pregnant to ease the back pain. I also went swimming.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• MYTH. No hot tubs. Baths are fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Your cervix is a barrier to bacteria and infections but the vagina is also acidic to help with this. Also your cervix does not dialate (usually) until birth begins you should be fine I also took hot baths and never had a problem you can ask the doctor too they will know. Unless your bath makes you sweat you should be fine since your body has natural ways of cooling it self.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 2:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• the last month of my first PG was SO uncomfortable that I practically lived in the bath tub. It was the only place that I could get any pain relief.  I even slept in there. When the water got cold I would let some out and run more hot water in. My OB approved since it gave me another option besides pain pills.

I didn't have to do that with my second and third PG. I just took baths occasionally because they were relaxing, but I didn't have to take them for pain relief.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I took warm/hot baths throughout all of my pregnancies.

No baths/submerging in water if you've lost your mucous plug or your water has broken... beyond that, light some candles, pour in some bubbles, & enjoy!

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OH yeah... and like the others said, warm baths are OK. But, if you break a sweat the water is too hot.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I LOVED to take a bath while pregnant.. it is a myth! You can take baths as long as they don't go over 98 degrees I believe or better as long as they are only warm, not hot!
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• MYTH! I couldn't have survived the last two months without baths! My muscles ached and I had pupps so I took a warm oatmeal bath every night!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 3:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009