how involed should the bio mom be with the new step mom and events for the kids

3ofmine2ofhis

Asked by 3ofmine2ofhis at 2:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• To me it seems I would want to be very involved but it depends on if there is a lot of tension. If it is hard to get along with her then as long as the kids are safe and happy then I would distance myself, if we were able to get along then I would want to be involved it is easy when everyone is one is on the same page.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 2:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• As involved as she wants to be. The best thing for the kids is if both halves of their family can put aside differences and work together to make life nicer. When mom and step-mom work together, the kids thrive. Discipline is fairly consistent, the kids aren't used as weapons to hurt anyone, and they aren't treated like poker chips - the "winner" has them the most, buys them the most, and gets the most "love" from the kids. When mom and step-mom hate each other, the kids lose.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree -- as involved as she wants to be. They are HER children, after all.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Agree 100%
    Cheeseymelt

Answer by Cheeseymelt at 3:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• ditto

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009