How old was your baby when... I need some answers!! Plz and Thanx

My son is 11 months old.. I was just curious when you started yours on milk and how much you gave them? And when they started crawling and walking, or cruising... He will pull himelf around with his arms, but he wont get on his knees, and he hasnt attempted to pull himself up on anything yet.. He will stand when i hold him up by his hands but doesn't try to take steps.. I know babies all grow at different rates, but it just has me worried. He also had surgery on his skull when he was seven months old, so maybe he will just take a little longer? Thanks for your opinions ahead of time.

Chandra0723

Asked by Chandra0723 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son will be 11 months next week and we just started him on whole milk yesterday. He gets 1oz milk and 7oz formula. We figured we'll move him up an ounce or so a week so that by the time he's 1 he'll be all milk. He's been crawling since 7 months and pulling himself up since 8 or 9 months. He's standing on his own and starting to take steps...he actually took 3 full steps this morning!! He'll be running around the house any day now. I know babies though that didn't walk until almost 18 months so I wouldn't worry too much about your son!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I didn't even start whole milk until after mine turned one. I waited until he had a dr's visit and the doc told me I could try.
    Mine crawled at 7 months and pulled up at 9 months and stood alone at 9 months, but didn't walk until 14 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I started transitioning mine to whole milk at 11 months; they were on formula, so I mixed it about 25% milk w/ 75% formula one week, 50% milk and 50% formula for one week, 75% milk w/ 25% formula for one week, and then 100% milk after that.

Mine were all pretty early on crawling and walking, but my friend's daughter didn't crawl until around one year and she's perfectly fine. I'd mention it to the pediatrician at the one year check up, but try not to let it worry you too much; chances are your son is learning other skills that just may not be as obvious as crawling or walking. Also, it may be that he was held up a little by the interuption of the surgery that you mentioned.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My dd is 2 and she doesn't drink milk but she's still breastfeeding, but once she weans she wont have any milk anymore since she's not a calf and doesn't really need cows milk.

My dd started crawling at 6 month and walking on her 1 year birthday. I wouldn't worry to much about this because as you said all babies are diffrent and I am sure your little one will be running around in no time and you'll miss the days when you didn't had to chase him everywhere lol
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009