Has anyone been in this position?

I just took my 1 year old ds to his well visit today. Everything went well except for he only gained 4oz in 3 months! He is only in the 3rd percentile for weight (usually falls in 15-20th percentile). He eats all the time! And healthy foods at that!!!! He has to go back for a weight check in 6 weeks. Has anyone been in this position with a good eater that wasnt gaining weight?

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BTW- I forgot to add that he is only 18lbs 10oz
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my niece is 17 months and weighs only 19 pounds. She is healthy and that kid NEVER stops eating. All kids are different, my daughter who is only 3 months older than her is 33 pounds (90th percentile)
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my sons dr said not to worry about how much weight he is gaining as long as he is looking healthy and eating healthy. my son is a tank and in the 75th percentile in everything since birth but he goes through these phases where he wont eat anything for like a week at a time. all he will want is crackers so i imagine that the weight issue would be the same for a baby that isnt gaining too much to a baby that isnt loosing too much lol as long at the dr says he is healthy then keep on doin what youre doin and let nature take over. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well, My son is 19 months and 24 lbs -he's been on the lower end of the weight chart also -not to 3% but I think they just want to monitor them. my son is just very active they seem to go up and down. I wouldn't worry too much, although that's hard to do -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My daughter took forever go gain weight once she turned 1. She went from 19.5 to 23 at 2 years though, but it they really do slow down at this age. She's always been in the 5th percentile too. Eats non stop, anything and everything, but she goes not stop too so everything she eats gets burned off!
    Anonymous