Would you or wouldn't you?

Would you let your 11 yo dd go to a camp sleepover if it was co-ed? They have two sleepovers and they are both co-ed. It is not a church camp, it is a camp where there are young counselors (high school, etc.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• As long as they sleep in seperate rooms!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• for cancer, asthma, children of military things like that I might. Just for fun in the summer no way no go.
    Anonymous

• No.
    High schoolers have very little common sense and limited abiltiy to evaulate risk so I don't think they would make good camp counselors for an overnight camp of same sex kids. Throw in the opposite sex and high schoolers lose IQ points by the boat load.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no, I would let him/her pick few of his favorite friends and take them camping to a lake and let them do there own thing but keep my eye on them
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would let my daughter go and participate buI would bring her home BEFORE the sleepover.
    Cheeseymelt

Answer by Cheeseymelt at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If they are in seperate areas, sure.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• As long as I had checked it out throughly first. I think it would be fine. Are they actuall "sleeping" at this sleepover? And while I know most of the counselors are teens, they are usually very throughly checked out to be counselors. Also there still have to be some adults around, and if everyone is in one spot, my guess is, the adults will be there too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Nope. I think 11 is too young for co-ed sleepovers.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

Ditto. I volunteered at a camp for terminally ill and disabled kids starting the summer after high school into college. It was co-ed, but there were so many restrictions in place and there were about one adult to every 5 or so counselors.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'd have to know a lot more about it to determine if I would or not. How many adults are there? What are the sleeping arrangements? How many counselors, how old, and how did they get to be counselors? What is the purpose of the camp? Etc.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009