what would you do if your mil was babysitting your 8 yr old, 5 yr old, and 6 week old and left the 8yr old and 6 week old by themselves so she could go to the store? my mil did this yesterday. i tried going back to work and she was going to babysit for me. i thought i could trust a grandparent with my kids. i cant afford to not work, but i cant go to work worrying if my kids are being taken care of

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would never leave my kids with her again. That is just CRAZY
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would be upset. How did you find out? If she didn't tell you, and your kid did, maybe your MIL wasn't planning on telling you. I would not leave her with them again. Didn't she have car seats for them and whatnot to take them along?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i know!!! what was she thinking? my kids could have been taken away from me if something would have happened. my 8 yr old was scared and she told her grandma she didnt want to stay, but she made her
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would have a come apart! No way should an 8 year old be left in charge of an infant! Even if the baby was napping... what if he quit breathing, or spit up and started choking? An 8 year old can't handle that!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with amy31308
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OMG! I would never leave my kids with her again! What is wrong with people these days?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Eek! Can you find a daycare?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yes she had carseats!! my 5 yr old is the one who told me. my 8 yr old was scared to tell ud cause she knew her dad would be mad. and my mil never would have told me but i dont even thinks she cared cause she knew my kids would tell me.
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well since my other 2 kids are out for the summer i cant afford daycare for all 3 of them. i guess i will just have to wait till after the summer. my kids are more important than my bills getting paid. and also my 8 yr old was left feeding my baby!! what if he would have choked? i couldnt even sleep last night thinking about it. and then my 5 yr old told me that my 8yr old fed him and took care of him all day
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh my, I'd never leave them with her. Mine wouldn't remove poisons from easy reach, she never got to watch my kids for years. Some how you have to find another sitter I'm so sorry for your worries!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009