So tired all the time.

I have been so ridiculously tired for the past 2 months. I only have 82 days left in my pregnancy. The gestational diabetes test came out fine, I do not have diabetes. My iron is fine as well. I have been eating 'ok' (when I am awake, I eat a small portion of something healthy, and go back to sleep) and sleeping a lot at night, even taking naps during the day, but I am always tired. I wake up from a nap, and I am ready to go back to sleep ten minutes later. This is my first pregnancy. Is this normal? Or should I be asking my OB for more tests?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Remember, your blood is pumping harder because there is more of you to get blood to. Also, you're carrying more weight then you're used to. It's typical to feel exhausted, especially closer to your due date.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• with my second son I felt tierd all the time, untill they decided to check my thyroid and I ended up having to take medication cuz it wasn't working right, I would ask your OB and let him/her know whats going on.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• and I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant when I felt like that.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• the best way to increase your energy is with excersize. the options are limited with pregnancy but you could try walking or something to increase your energy. it will also help build endurance for the delivery. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was more tired with my second. Don't know why though. The first poster is right, though, you are going to be EXTREMELY tired the last few months!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It is normal. Get some rest while you can, literally.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i went trough that during my 7th month of pregnancy, it is normal and i was always tired, but by the 8th month it went away, i was just always trying to catch my breath since my DD was so high always pushing up on my ribs, hang on :) it will go away but it is good at the same time and sleep all you want, because once baby is out you won't have much sleep, i have to wake up every 3 hours to feed my baby and change her diaper, being a mom is so tiring and time consuming but its the most wonderful thing in the world congratulations :D
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i feel like that all the time i have 86 days left i have gestational diabetes and my iron count is low but im always tired but when my cousin would get right aroung here she was always tired with all 4 of her kids so i see it as normal and my ob told me the same thing your body is working for two so your going to be more tired the farther you get along so just get some rest and dont worry congrats
    gizmom529

Answer by gizmom529 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009