Has anyone ever sent their kid(s) to a summer camp ?

The ones where they go for a week (overnight) did you like it and did the kid(s) like it?. How much did it cost?

Do you reccomend these types of camps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hell no
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 3:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i would miss her too much :)
    kframpton

• My son went to Boy Scout Camp for a week last year, he was 12. He liked making mishchief...he didn't care for that camp. It cost a ton to go and buy all the gear he needed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My son went to Camp War Eagle for one week last year and this year he's going for two weeks. Of course I'll miss him like the dickens, but I know he's safe and having fun.

Camp War Eagle goes by your income. I didn't have to pay anything. My son LOVED it plus it gave me a break and made me appreciate him even more
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• mine have only been to day camp as I can't afford sleep away. I woulds love to send my 13 year old though. I would guess that if they do ok at sleepovers, they will be fine. You could always do a practice run at Grammas.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My kids have gone to YMCA Storer camps in Jackson MI since they were entering the 2nd grade. They go 12 nights, they have scholarships if you are low income. If they can't go they get so mad. They love it there. It is really an awesome place. So beautiful. On a 13 acre lake in the Irish Hills of MI. I miss them like crazy, but they talk of nothing from the time school lets out until July when they finally get to go. This year they go July 19 thru the 31st. They can't wait.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I do wish we could afford to send our kids to camp, but they are soo expensive and rare in our area.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We sent our oldest to 2 weeks of camp in northern ME (we lived in southern ME at the time). She loved it! I think she was around 12 years old at the time. I think it cost us around $500 for the camp and then extra money for all the items we had to buy her.

I wish we could have afforded to send our other two daughters and send them all every summer, but it is just too much money.

I went to Camp Sebago as a child from the age of 7 through 11 every summer and I have so many fond memories! Those were the best summers out of my whole life.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm lucky! I didn't have to pay ANYTHING for camp war eagle!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009