when should i start potty traning?

my daughters second birthday is comming up on july 13th i want to start her ASAP but i dont know if she is meantaly ready i dont think she undersands the whole concept yet she knows what a potty is and knows we go pee pee on it but i dont know.

mommy113088

Asked by mommy113088 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started getting my daughter ready to potty train at 11 months, sitting her on it and making it fun just so she got used to it. Now I have been talking with her about it and telling her how to use it. She is almost 19 months now and knows when she is going and when she has to and is slowly starting to use it. I am not pressuring her, just making it fun when she does do it. But I think you should warm her up to it before taking it on full on
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If she isn't ready, then, it will be you who is trained to put her on. Or you will cause her to avoid it like the plague. She is earlier than the norm for potty readiness. Just because you would like her to train doesn't mean it's time. Why don't you google "potty rediness signs" and she if she is.
    Anonymous

• Whenever you want.
    She will understand the concept after accidently peeing in it the first time.
    You will NOT rely on her to tell you she has to go. You will NOT be asking her if she has to go. You will simply be taking her at set intervals.
    Keep it fun, dont' push, she'll get there.
    If you start to get frustrated, wondering when you will be done, back off. This process can take years and nothing you do will change that. There are no magic tricks that work for all kids. Patience and love are key.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009