finger foods

what finger foods are good for a 7 month old. he has stopped wanting purees, he only wants things he can feed himself and chew. i try to feed him what we eat, but not every meal is ok for him. he looooves spaghetti. could i give him sgettios? or any chef boyardee canned things? he gets fruit for lunch, i'm just more concerned about dinner. any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try the gerber graduate microwave meals before i have him spaghetti-o's or chef boyardee. They make spaghetti-o type meals but they have better nutrition than the canned stuff.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, those gerber graduates are too expensive for me. I'll buy a couple to have on hand for when we're in a crunch. I have fed my daughter spagheti o's on occasion and I think it's just fine.

She also will eat bananas for breakfast or frozen waffles toasted and cut up. Sometimes even toast with applesauce on it. She'll eat anything pasta- especially pasta salad. (We've used pasta salad mixes at the store that are under $2 and it will feed both my husband and I and feed her for 2-3 meals) Green beans. Baked potato (you can bake in in the microwave- 2.5 minutes then poke holes in it and go for another 2.5 minutes.) She really likes Black beans too.

I hope this helps, if I think of anything else I'll post it.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009