Do u have friends that have bratty kids that u can't stand?

Some good friends of ours have a kid that is a BIG brat, he/she is bossy, rude, and selfish, self centered and anything else. We were over to their house one time and I had to leave because the way he/she was treating the other children, it was making me sooo mad and the mom did not say a word. How can you let your kids be so direspectful to other people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do know what you mean! There's a little girl two doors away, that I dislike. I don't know her parents, but she is just awful to my DD. My daughter knows that I don't like this girl, but she plays with her anyway. She's 10, so I try not to pick her friends, but I know she will get it one day. What makes it worse is that the girl next door, is friends with girl one and my daughter. So everytime she's playing next door, she's exposed to this brat of a girl. My guess, is most parents allow this because they are either the same or think its a phase.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Nope it would be my oldest. I know he is the bratty kid people can't handle because there are days I almost break my teeth off trying to control myself. He is hitting puberty and has autism. The know it all smart mouth, and swearing when he thinks I can't hear is insane. I have tried everything with him from taking away everything (1 thing at a time) to corporal punishment....and nothing at all works. *sigh* If it is my kid sorry ladies.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My bosses kids were like this. I blame the mom though. If my kids or any other were there, she would tell all the kids it was up to her children if they wanted to share their toys. I was taught guests first...times are changing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ayep. There's a kid here that is such a BRAT! I can't stand to let my son play with him! He always gets in trouble and tries to blame it on the other kids.
    I think this is your kid Colleen., JK it's not. But man this kid! OOOHHH!!!!!mmmm!!! Trying to keep my mouth shut here!
    His grandma is raising him and she's like,"Oh I'm a "non spanking" parent"
    While that may be all good and well, DAMN woman! Discipline your child! I told her of a place that has a summer program(FREE) for children with behaviour issues. UGH!!!
    *grumble grumble*
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL starfire.....that's ok!!!! I can only laugh because I know I have tried everything possible, and the programs in this state don't start until age 13 (which I think is too late honestly). Say what ya will. LOL I can take it. On a side note my other kids are being raised exactly the same way with much less problems.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did.. but I am not friends with her anymore, so it really isn't an issue for me
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm like Zanny. I did...but after her kids bullied mine and I let her know about it, I just couldn't be her friend any more.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• He has a school friend that is this way. You can tell this child never has any limits. He tells his parents no and they take it. He will argue his way into anything. He won't come hang out over here anymore because I don't let him get away with it.

Now we do have a friend who has a son that has ODD and some other behavioral issues, and I have a lot more patience with him.

I think 13 is too late for behavioral programs. Around 6 would be ideal I think. At 13, a child is already set in their ways, I think. At 6, you have more time before they hit that puberty rebellion.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh, my poor poor cousin. Well, she's my cousin by marriage but my hubby and I have made a pact to not answer the phone when she calls but to return her call two days later. She has a bratty little 5 year old daughter who literally would turn over the tables in your home. She hit's, pinches, screams, has fits, purposely spills things on your carpet and furniture. She breaks other kids toys when she can't have it. Oh dear, I could go on for hours. Our cousin is single and likes to go out with her friends and no one will babysit for her anymore, including me. I love them both to death but I just can't wait till that little girl can stay home by herself.....LOL
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My MIL does this with her nine year old daughter. I effin HATE it! She will cuss at her, yell, get everything she wants..and I mean EVERYTHING! They spent over thirty thousand dollars on her last year alone. and I'm not talking about food or clothes or school supplies. She yells at her mother to shut up. Finally I yelled at her to stop yelling in my house and she is not allowed to hold my son with such a terrible attitude. She told me she could because she was his aunt. Excuse me? Mom trumps aunt in every hand. SORRY!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009