Does anyone know of a work at home job that's not a scam & you don't have to put money into?

I'm a stay at home mom with my 3 kids & my boyfriend & I are struggling. I want extra income , but want to be home with my kids and can't afford daycare. I've tried many work at home SCAMS! I'd like the real deal from other WAHMs . Please help, thanks.

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do! I work with Procard International, there is no fees ever! I help people enroll in medical discount plans(pets too).

You can visit my site at www.ProcardInternational.com/EmmaW4438

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Any direct selling company will have "starter kit" start-up costs....and actual "jobs" where you earn a paycheck based on the hours you work at home are almost impossible to find, usualy those with these kinds of work at home jobs have worked in their office for YEARS before having that opportunity.

Really as far as something you can do with no start up is babysitting, cleaning or running errands for others in your neighborhood or selling things you already own on ebay (and then using some of that money earned to buy more things to sell) or craigslist, and other simple work at home "businesses" you can start!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have put together a list of free work at home jobs you should check out at http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

•  

m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They do contain ideas for starting your own home based business as well as resources, ideas and links.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with Mom2Jack04. I've looked into alot of different things and you do have to be careful what you get into, but most jobs require special equipment or a start up because they want to make sure you're serious. My business has corporate overhead for websites, etc. But they also give us enough training and support to really help us do our jobs and we make our money back. Also, as you know, anything is cheaper than daycare, gas, and lunches every week. Not to mention uniforms and other supplies you might need to work outside of the home. You're welcome to check out my blog. http://www.wahdiva.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you are interested please email me. I can give you some more info on the company i work for. I love what I do and i get to stay home with my kids and work when I want to.
    crae013

Answer by crae013 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Most work at home jobs require some kind of a start up cost. Companies would stand to lose a lot of money if they sent free start up packages to anyone who was vaguely looking into working from home but probably would never actually do anything about it. I love the company I work with and this month only, the start up cost is only $1. Have a look at this website : www.YouCanWorkFromYourHome.com

Lisa

LisaPisanic

Answer by LisaPisanic at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009