Tanning is sexy?

I was at the pool today with my daughter, and I saw a woman who was tan and obviously had done a lot of tanning in her life. Her skin looked like leather. How is this considered "sexy"? How is damaging your skin making you look good? This woman was probably in her 40's, but her skin looked like it was 20 years ahead!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It grosses me out. I'm ghostly and proud!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I do like to get some sun and do lay in the tanning bed once in a while. Tanning makes most women look slimmer and they feel better about themselves. I know I'm not getting in a pair of shorts with white legs, but that is me. To each their own! I tend not to worry about what others do with their lives!
    Anonymous

• GROSS. i hate leather skin. i have naturally olive skin. i would rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick than get in a tannin bed! i never play outside with less than SPF 40 on!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 4:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I like to be tan, and my hubby thinks I look sexy when I am tan...so, I dunno. I don't do it excessively. I actually don't go to tanning salons any more. The only sun I get is from outside.

Anonymous

• Sexy NO WAY! Who wants to have sex with beef jerky?
    Photobucket
    Anonymous

• Oh my gosh! Is that really a real person? Yuck. makes me want to stay out of the sun!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Anon 5:59, the woman I saw wasn't very many years away from that. *shudder* This is also why I tell my husband he should wear sunscreen- I don't give a damn if he's not tan! Melanomas are not cool!
    Anonymous

• ewww...that pic was grose..but I still gonna go tanning. I only tan in the summer..my fionce thinks its sexy and it makes me feel good. i make sure i use a good moisturizer so my skin dont dry. I know some will bash on me but oh well.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• worriedmommy600, why does damaging your skin make you feel good? I don't understand that. You do realize you're basically cooking your skin, right? And that no amount of moisturizer can save you from skin cancer? That melanomas can spread and they can kill you?
    Anonymous

• As a skin cancer survivor myself, I SAY NO to tanning...Pale is Pretty.

That leathery woman above has ALWAYS scared the crap outta me. Since the first time I ever saw that photo....

Tanning is as smart as smoking.
    Period.

www.barefootsisterhood.com
    ShutterbugMama

Answer by ShutterbugMama at 6:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2009