does the devil tempt you in your dreams?

as in you have a dream of a guy from your past and you spend the whole day thinking about it? or you have a dream that your dh is cheating on you and you are so angry with him when you wake up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have had dreams like that happen before. even a dream about a stranger. they really make me feel bad, guilty i guess. we are never safe from temptation.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OH Good GRIEF. You can't control your dreams and if you try you will loose your mind. You HAVE to allow your mind to relax without judgement. Everyone thinks about their old loves every now and then. It shows your capacity to LOVE.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• In your dreams, when you're awake, when you're asleep. The enemy doesn't care,and doesn't discriminate. He will use anyone and anything to try and steal our testimony. He knows once we are saved, he can no longer have our souls, so he will try to get the next best thing, our testimony. And, since he has no conscience, he doesn't care what or who he uses. He is the father of lies,and only comes to steal,kill,and destroy. Nothing is beneath him doing. Don't ever discount him,or let your guard down.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I can't imagine having to feel guilty about my dreams! You can't control them, why worry about it? It's just a mix of thoughts that show up randomly when you sleep (at least that's how my dreams are LOL). I just wake up, think "What was THAT?", laugh, and get on with life! :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I've never had dreams like that, and most of the time, what I dream about evaporates within minutes of waking. Which is generally a shame, because it almost always involves reading or writing in some way, and I would love just once to get those stories down...or even just get to the END of the book!!! Or else it's this weird world where everyone travels from place to place on water park-type rides. If your satan is instrumental in that, bring it on.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL roachiesmom
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I have had dreams like that before, but it has NOTHING to do with satan (whom I don't believe in anyway). It has to do with MY GUILT about what happened in the relationship and my concern for his well being. Does tht mean I don't love my dh with all my heart? Hell no! It just means that I care about people's well-fare and want them to be alright.
    But the ones I really love are the ones where I am either flying over or walking through the woods in Ireland.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh I love flying dreams.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It's been a very long time sense i've had a flying dream.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had a dream my head was a Hershey bar and I ate myself... was that Satan? Oh, wait... chocolate IS sinful, isn't it? lol...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009