Satanism is a religion that ...

I know nothing about! Who can tell me more and where can i go to get some good information? just wanting to learn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I recommend joining the group as well. I'm not a Satanist (by definition) but everyone has the tendencies, since it's based on human nature, embracing it, and nothing more.
    nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 10:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I studied a little about Satanism in school and then forgot much of what I learned. I was reminded by a few nice ladies here when I had questions not too long ago.

Satanism is the worship of self and the bettering of ones self. You are your own god and you make your own rules and moral code based on what bennefits you and those you care about. Common sense is involved in forming ones own moral code because performing an action that has a negative consequence is not benneficial. Negative consequences vs. the bennefit of the desired action are weighed out. Satan is viewed as a concept, rather than a literal, existing being. The concept of Satan is defiance of God/gods, defiance of non-free-thinking and the defiance of obeying a higher power. Some Satanist also believe in manipulating magic forces and some witchcraft.

Some people that use the title "Satanist" do actually worship Satan as a diety.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Join our group, Satanism In Depth. You can stay and make some friends or just read all you want and then leave....you're welcome either way :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was going to suggest Satanism in Depth here on CM. I know it helps a lot with their questions about what Satanism is and is not.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I to would suggest joining the Satanism Indepth Group. I also own a group here about Religious Tolerance that could help you. There are many Satanists there as well as others that can help to answer your questions from all angles!

*Just check my profile for my groups - It's on top!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009