How can I get a poop stain out of an outfit?

My daughter is 5 months old and she has been exclusively breastfed until she was 4 months old. At 4 months we started her on rice cereal. Recently she has been pooping out of her diaper and onto her outfits. I have washed them twice without drying and used shout spray. The shout has helped but the stain is still quite obvious. Any ideas?

Jadyn09

Asked by Jadyn09 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well im a germ freak when it comes to bowel movements..i would burn the clothes and just get her new ones and buy the lil one new cereal maybe its a reaction to the cereal..maybe the cereal is to hard on her stomach..did you talk to her doctor??
    ilovEmma09

Answer by ilovEmma09 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would try soaking the clothes in borax mixed with water. You can also take a handful of borax (it's a powder) and rub it into the stains and that should get them out.
    Anonymous

• As soon as you take the clothes off let them soak over night! My son did that one day and I soaked them and forgot about them, and the stain was out by the time I got around to it! I use Ivory, so Im not sure if that had anything to do with it.
    Anonymous

• Rinse the poop off in COLD water. I use a fels-naptha bar. you can find it at the grocery store and it is utterly amazing. it looks like a bar of soap and you just rub it into the stain, scrub and wash it out before you put it in the wash. I haven't found a nasty poop stain it couldn't handle yet! Good luck :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009