who watched "jon & kate plus 8" last night???

im not shocked that they decided to end it..but i am saddened by the whole thing..i blame the media because i feel if they hadnt butted into their private lives and started this whole MESS maybe they could have worked things out..i am happy tho that the kids will still have a place to call "their home" not "moms house" or "dads house"..as a single mother i dread the thought of my daughter sayin to me "sorry mom i cant go this weekend im goin to dads house remember"..what are you comments on this whole situation?? is jon to blame?? kate?? media??

ilovEmma09

Asked by ilovEmma09 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wasn't shocked at all. I do not think there was any one thing to blame. I actually told my husband (when we were watching the beginning shows) that I would be surprised if they didn't end up in divorce. They didn't communicate very well.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• what happened? are they getting divorced but still going to live together? i didn't see it.
    Anonymous

• i agree they didnt communicate very well..she was to controlling..and he was to much of a push over..my mom says they should have gone to counciling
    ilovEmma09

Answer by ilovEmma09 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree they should of gone to counsling. I was always shocked at how she treated him. I actually felt sorry for him.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• it made me so sad. they sounded like they both still needed eachother. i wish they had ended the show. publicity could destroy any marraige.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well Jon did say that "I've been so submissive for all these years that I'm proud of myself for finally standing up for me" and I agree with that. Kate does come off as a total b*tch but then again that could also be the media making her look worse than she is. I don't know her so I can't say! I'm sure that the reality TV thing had a lot to do with it because it's one thing to deal with a controlling wife but it's gotta be 1,000 times worse when the whole country is watching! I like the whole "one house for the kids" idea too. At least they are somewhat taking the kids interest into account. I do think it's sad not only that what happened happened but that all their personal family issues are being aired on national TV. But then again that IS what they signed up for so...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think it's all 3 of their faults. Shame on TLC for still signing them on for the show when they have marital issues. And shame on Kate & Jon for not seeking counseling and only going for the money. I feel very bad for the kids.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009