Pregnancy test question

I feel really stupid asking this, but I really need to know before I drive myself crazy. Here are the details and I apologize if this is TMI. Hubby & I made love on Saturday night. I was technically still on my cycle so we didn't use a condom like we usually do. Well, the other night, I had a dream that I was pregnant, with twins too, so now I'm freaking out. Can I get pregnant if I'm on my cycle and if so, how soon can I take a test to find out if I'm pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can get preg when on your period it depends on when you ovulate, but defiantly wait till you miss your period to find out. And the dream was probably a subconscious fear (or desire) I have had those many times without being preg.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't think you can get preggo while on your menstrual cycle .... technically, you're not ovulating then ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It is a MYTH that you cant get pregnant on your period! It is possible, although HIGHLY unlikely! You shouldnt waste your money on a test until about a week after missing your next period
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• it's rare, but yes you can get pregnant while on your period. You can ovulate at any time, it just depends on your body. basically any time you have sex, there is a possibility of getting pregnant, even if it's miniscule. Dreams are just dreams for the most part. If you are really that concerned, wait for the day your next period is due and test.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009